Montres de Plongée
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
-55%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Coffret d’outils – STANLEY – STMT0-74101 – 38 pièces – ...
21.99 € 49.04 €
Voir le deal

une U2S au labo

2 participants

une U2S au labo Empty une U2S au labo

Message par Jean-Michel Ven 31 Oct - 18:56

Vu sur le forum WatchUseek un article de "energyarts" dont je vous livre une copie :

Hi to all you Sinners.

I will keep this very short and try to use just plain language.

I took my Sinn U2-S to my friends laboratory to be tested for it's anti magnetic properties and actual hardness of the watch.

What does my friends laboratory do? Well, they harden XXXXXXXX parts to XXXXX Specs.

I wanted to see how durable the construction of this watch actually was and if everything that Sinn says holds up.

CLAIMS BY SINN

1. Sinn claims that Sinn U2-S features a completely Tegimented case, bezel, crown and case back.

Standard steel used by most watch companies has a hardness of between 200 and 240 HV .

The tegiment layer on this watch in combination with the PVD coating has a hardness in excess of 2,000 HV Vickers which is more than nine times harder than standard steel.

2. The tegimenting process also acts to harden the black PVD treatment on the case.

3. This submarine steel is not only extraordinarily sea water resistant (PRE value up to 38), it also possesses the highest anti-magnetic quality.

MY TESTING SHOWS THE FOLLOWING

1. The whole watch is tegimented to 2349.8 HK or 2678 HV (vickers).
The Crystal on the watch is by nature around 1000 HV which is considered very hard surface by metal standards, and this one showed a hardness of around 1138 HV so no special treatment, but don't forget that it is very very hard at that number.

2. This is where it gets a little funny, from my test it shows that the actual case was tegimented and only afterwards it was PVD'd, which means that the PVD layer was not tegimented. The PVD layer showed a hardness of 328 HV. ("correcting my self"maybe it was tegimented but only at around 328 HV and not at over 2000 HV).

3. This is my favorite part, the Steel on the watch it is indeed very special and it possesses the highest anti-magnetic quality. It is a mix of metals, it looked amazing under the microscope (very dense, almost one piece together,"intermolecular bonds"), even my friend which did the testing was very impressed with it. The only way to find the other materials that were used was to actually cut the watch.........but don't worry of course we didn't do that.

4. It gets even better, we did put the watch on a machine which bombarded (scanned) the metal with lasers to find any air pockets or gaps on the metal itself (speaking in the microscopic language). I was amazed by the results, we looked at each other and moved our heads in AWWWW..superb quality.
This watch is tight, tight, tight, it's extremely aligned.

All i can say is that the PVD will scratch hardness is soft (keep in mind that this is not your average PVD coating on a watch), but it is very thick so no worries about the actual metal coming out and shine in your face.
Quality, quality, quality...the watch is superb one of the highest engineered timepiece as far as i am concerned, and keep in mind that i have and had other more expensive fancy brand names timepieces.
It's 1:30 am and i am very tired...i will be more than happy to answer any questions. Sorry for any typing errors but it's very late and i am tired.

Sorry for the pictures i had to use my phone, it's the only camera that i have and i kept the pictures to a minimum because it is against the policy in there, so please don't slaughter me.

Note: Ceramics have a hardness of around 1000–1500 HK or 1200-1700 HV, and Carbides are over 2000 HK or around 2200 HV.

Note: My personal take on the PVD is that if they tried the tegimenting (2000+HV) process on top of the PVD than the actual color of it would be gray instead of the black one that is on the watch, but again the hardness of the PVD is still more than your 316L stainless steel.

ATTENTION......NO SINN'S WERE HARMED IN THIS TEST......

Next test to come is water pressure and temperature tests.

une U2S au labo TestU201

une U2S au labo TestU202

une U2S au labo TestU203

Credits texte et images : energyarts @ WUS

Jean-Michel
Jean-Michel
Carcharodon megalodon (Administrateur)

http://www.lesmala.net/jean-michel/

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

une U2S au labo Empty Re: une U2S au labo

Message par Invité Ven 31 Oct - 19:03

Il veut nous faire les tests type G-Shock à la JM après les tests de microdureté !!

Lionel

Invité
Invité

Message par Invité Ven 31 Oct - 19:18

Thanks JM l! Très intéressant ces analyses. Il dit que le PVD n'est pas tégimenté et donc reste fragile mais qu'il est épais...quel technique de microscopie utilise-t-il?

Invité
Invité

Message par Jean-Michel Ven 31 Oct - 19:28

alemmar a écrit:Thanks JM l! Très intéressant ces analyses. Il dit que le PVD n'est pas tégimenté et donc reste fragile mais qu'il est épais...quel technique de microscopie utilise-t-il?

oui mais le PVD est sous la couche traitée tegiment
c'est un banc d'analyse de microdureté comme l'a dis microméca

Jean-Michel
Jean-Michel

http://www.lesmala.net/jean-michel/

Message par Invité Ven 31 Oct - 19:35

Jean-Michel a écrit:
alemmar a écrit:Thanks JM l! Très intéressant ces analyses. Il dit que le PVD n'est pas tégimenté et donc reste fragile mais qu'il est épais...quel technique de microscopie utilise-t-il?

oui mais le PVD est sous la couche traitée tegiment
c'est un banc d'analyse de microdureté comme l'a dis microméca

On en a au boulot. On mesure la dimension (les 2 diagonales) de l'empreinte laissée par une sorte de micro poinçon de forme pyramidale en diamant dans la matière en exerçant une certaine charge. Cette essai laisse donc une micro-empreinte sur la montre (de l'ordre de 0,1 mm peut-être mais qui doit être peu visible).

Lionel

Invité
Invité

Message par Invité Ven 31 Oct - 19:40

:thanks:

Invité
Invité

Message par Fabrice Ven 31 Oct - 22:13

sympa un testeur aussi dingo que JMichel (pas tapé Very Happy).... faire ça à une GShock c'est balèze mais à une U2S.... Wink

Fabrice
Fabrice
Alopias Vulpinus (Membre honoraire)
Alopias Vulpinus (Membre honoraire)

http://www.chez.com/bananajr/

Message par Invité Ven 31 Oct - 22:37

Pas certain qu'elle résiste....

Lionel

Invité
Invité